Customer satisfaction is the indicator of how many happy customers you have, and how satisfied they are with your company. It’s a great metric helping to understand if you meet or exceed the expectations of your customers.
There are several reasons why customer satisfaction is so important for your business.
- The happier your customers are, the more loyal they will be to your brand.
- By comparing your customer satisfaction with your competition, you can tell whether you should improve your score or not.
- It reduces customer churn.
- It increases the customer lifetime value (and it’s cheaper to retain customers than acquire new ones!).
- It reduces negative word of mouth.
But why talking about what customer satisfaction is, in the live chat guide?
Because customer satisfaction or customer happiness is one of the crucial live chat metrics.
I know, it might sound surprising. If we take a closer look at any company’s KPIs, we will see the conversion rate, ROI, revenue, growth rate or customer profitability score. All these metrics are easy to measure, but satisfaction?
Luckily, even satisfaction can be measured. All that thanks to the chat rating feature that gives your customers opportunity to rate their experience with your support agents.
After your website visitor finishes a chat, they can leave a thumb up (or down) and write a comment. Of course, this feature wouldn’t be of any use if you weren’t able to monitor the results. All you need to do is to go to Archives section in your live chat app and filter the results.
Live chat is the best way to boost your customer satisfaction, but there is always room for improvement so you should always keep an eye on this metric.